Monday, September 28, 2009

while you wait for the others


Seriously, how good are grizzly bear? The layering of vocals are so beautifully full. The lyrics are interesting and (i think) relevant. They are playing southbound in January. Hopefully I won't be too sunburnt to enjoy them.

I am currently also really enjoying this one song by carla bruni (yes, the french president's wife!) it is called Quelqu' un m'a dit. It is on the 500 days of summer soundtrack. I like her natural, laid back vocals. French pop is so much better than American. Too bad Sarkozy doesn't feature in the (boring/awkward) video.

9 comments:

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

I saw Grizzly Bear live a few years ago. They were definitely a treat for the ears! :)

this wheel's on fire said...

Carla Bruni's voice is so wonderful. I have all of her songs because sometimes I have days when she's all I want to listen to!

drollgirl said...

i'm at work so i can't listen yet, but i'll have to check these out later!

and the frenchie prez's wife can sing?!?! WOW!

Kitty Stampede said...

That Grizzly Bear song is just great, love the vid too!

Carla Bruni is amazing, love that voice and man, she is so beautiful. She has that classic french beauty look.
Nice blog btw..^-^

rachaelgking said...

Oooo, new tunes! Love.

Anonymous said...

i love grizzly bear, and i love carla bruni. <3 fabulous.

مى said...

I saw 500 days of summer and I swear I remembered you! Your soundtrack picture was stuck in my head for some reason and I just had to tell you! :)

jillian-anne said...

haha really?! such a good movie!

مى said...

I gave you an award! Come pick it up <3