Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Resolutions

Since it is the 31st I suppose I feel like I should make some resolutions to start 2009 on the right track (I usually forget about my resolutions about three weeks into the year but I like making them all the same).


Exercise
Actually doing it! Getting into exercise in the latter part of this year has made me a much less moody person and gives me a sense of achievement.
Diet
I probably have the worst diet of all my friends, I survive mainly on junk and have no self control when it comes to anything chocolate. I use chocolate and other really sugary treats to maintain my mood and energy levels but in the long run it makes everything a lot worse.
PhD
I have to finish and ideally publish my first study this year, which actually involves two experiments. The first is a meta-analysis, I really need to get my shit together working out the analyses for this, I would love to have preliminary results by april, which may or may not be realistic. The second part is based on archival data of crossover stress. I have been struggling to find a data source for this for the past six months or so. I absolutely have to secure my data for this study by march or I won't have enough time to analyse.

Masters
No real resolutions here. I'm only going to be doing three units so hopefully it won't cut into my PhD work too much. I aim to get at least distinctions in all of my units.

Friends
This year I would like to make more of an effort to catch up with old friends and friends I haven't seen for a while. I tend to get very caught up life and don't really make a huge effort with my friends, some of whom I desperately miss. So this year I am going to make more of an effort to catch up.

That's it for now...

0 comments: