Tuesday, August 4, 2009

first lomos




When I was in Amsterdam I bought the Oktomat (pictured above). I have been lusting after this for quite a while. A lot of my first role of film came out really blurry, even though the instructions say you can move the actual camera, I think it is better for focus if you get your subject to move instead and hold the camera still. The sound it makes when you take a picture is the BEST!

Here are some not entirely blurry ones...


                             

                                                  

                                        

There are some more on my flickr if you are interested.

10 comments:

carly mary said...

totally jealous.
the photos look great.
i actually just popped film back into my pop cam.
it's like the "pop art" camera.
look it up. it's quite fun to use.

my ONLY problem with used it...
the people who develop the film ARE IDIOTS and never get the 4 photos centered.
hopefully this time will be better.
or else i will put my foot down! muahaha

love the photos!

Adele said...

those photos are amazing! I bought an action sampler recently but mine only takes 4 shots a frame (: thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog post (; see you around! xx

Erika said...

These are great. I've been wanting this camera, or the pop 9, but the reviews on amazon are pretty bad. Supposedly it breaks easily, but maybe people just don't know how to take care of their stuff.

jillian-anne said...

Thanks girls!
Carly, I'm pretty sure the film place didn't give me back a few of mine :S
E, it is very plastic looking, like a camera you would have when you were a kid - no breaks so far but it wouldn't surprise me.

magda w: said...

i freaking love lomos, good work jillian. i'll scan some more of mine and upload too! i have a four-window-lomo from caro that i haven't even properly broken in yet.

magda w: said...

i freaking love lomos, good work jillian. i'll scan some more of mine and upload too! i have a four-window-lomo from caro that i haven't even properly broken in yet.

Eve M. said...

Cool pictures. I love wonky plastic cameras. The one I use is a Holga.
I've considered getting this one, and/or a fisheye. This one seems particularly awesome, especially considering how lots of people I take pictures of twitch and move around anyway. I think it'd be cool to capture that.

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

love this! i've never seen anything like it before.

ryan said...

hi

Rhianne said...

These are amazing! I love!