Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Things I will probably do today to avoid what I should be doing


Ah, procrastination you are an old friend together with another personal favourite, laziness. Today I am not even trying to do uni work, despite my best intentions and "To Do List" writing. Here is what I will probably be doing instead:


1. Blog stalking - I like reading interesting girls' blogs. These are my new favourites:

2. Checking my email/phone messages every other minute waiting for the real estate agent to tell me whether my application for the perfectly located house was accepted. It is starting to feel a bit like a dysfunctional 'waiting for him to call' relationship. Has anyone seen that episode of 30 rock where Lemon applies for the apartment and calls them repeatedly? That is essentially me right now.

3. Checking facebook too often to see if anyone has done anything remotely interesting in my news feed. This rarely happens. Facebook, you are making me boring.

4. Finding the energy to get out of my pyjamas and drop my film off to be developed. I'm not overly optimistic about this one...

5. Finding the energy to get out of my pyjamas and pick up the parcel from the post office I missed yesterday. This is a dress I ordered about a month ago. It is black, 3/4 sleeves sitting just below the knee with a sort of turtleneck. It is very librarian, I thought it would be good for prac.

6. Napping. I sleep way, way, wayyyyy too much. I get about 7-10 hours a night but I always wake up tired. A friend recently said that this was psychological. Pfft. That pissed me off.

So there you have it. My day of many accomplishments. If you work really hard, one day you too could be this successful!



4 comments:

The Naked Redhead said...

Hey, thanks for the link!! This post, for sure, described all of my time in grad school...it's funny how cleaning the house becomes a dire priority when you have a paper due. Stop by my site any time! :)

drollgirl said...

dude. we have MUCH in common. much. wow. MUCH IN COMMON.

jillian-anne said...

haha awesome!

K said...

oh my lord, I find your blog and there are already references to me pissing you off! AHAAAAAAAAA! Lolz town, do some work Latham...or at least errands!