Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hobbies


I think I am going to get into photography. I am going to do a short (9 week) course at tafe and am thinking of buying the Nikon D90.


I have my dad's old 35mm film slr but I haven't used it because it needs a new battery, which has actually turned out to be slightly difficult.

I particularly like Hasisi Park's work, and also some of these (the photo for this post is from here). Yesterday I found this photo blog, dancing to the beat of rain - it is fantastic.

I have had a lot of hobbies over the last few years; the most recent being jogging, sewing, glockenspiel, and hip-hop dancing.

Maybe this one will stick? I really need to do something creative that inspires me and I have some ideas for good photos, I am more interested in portrait photography than anything else. 

The music stuff is going okay, I have got some more reviews, mostly they say "good vocals, bad production" which makes sense since I have no idea what I am doing. Will try to set aside some time to write more soon...

Less than a month until my europe holiday :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, photography ... brilliant ..
do it.

magda w: said...

sounds awes jill! i was totally going to do a tafe course and never got round to it, which one are you doing? i'd love to hear your review! x

Unknown said...

I had a look at the photography course and it looks OK, we should do it!

Also I think you would like this website, the guy gets his little girl to comission artworks and he posts her comments

http://tinyartdirector.blogspot.com/

Janelle said...

Nikon D90 is good. I'm using one right now. The shutter is so snap quick. Quality photos too.

Anonymous said...

Photography is great. I love finding things that others may normally pass up or not notice at all.

I like that photo in the post. Very eerie though.