Sunday, December 21, 2008

sleep the clock around


I started sewing a few weeks ago and have made 3 sets of pillowcases to give to my grandmas/mum at christmas. It is nice to do something creative, as basic is it may be. I also spent all of Wednesday at my grandma's sewing a dress, I learnt a lot about darts, etc she was very helpful! The dress isn't finished yet, after christmas maybe!


Also this week I made an impulse purchase keyboard, it's a Yamaha E413. I have only ever had a piano but now I want to try to write some stuff and muck around in the privacy of my own room. I can't play in front of anyone, I am always really shy about playing music for anyone, I think it is because I think I am really crap because I am at the moment but hopefully I will improve over summer. I think if I start writing some stuff on the keyboard and being more creative I will feel much happier about myself.

I can't believe a year has gone by. I am one year into my masters/PhD! The scary thing is I really haven't done a lot and I have no idea what I'm doing with my first meta-analysis.
This year has been relatively uneventful compared to the last. I miss a lot of people. I miss going out with new people and seeing so many bands. But it has been great to have a sense of stability, which is not something I could comprehend in 2007. I think I will save the nostalgic writing for new year :p

I have moved back home now after living in North Perth for a while. The best thing about living in North Perth besides being close to everything was Hyde Park and the amazing Jacaranda trees. I love Jacaranda trees so much, they make me happy. I have also seen a lot of willie wagtail birds around, these remind me of my Pop who died 2 years ago. He loved birds and these were his favourite. It is nice seeing them, it is like a reminder that he is looking out for me.



I know I have a lot to do, christmas shopping, study, but I just can't bring myself to do anything even though I am incredibly bored. I have just been finishing sewing and listening to belle and sebastian all morning. I'm still in my PJs. I really want to reread the catcher in the rye and I got a really old copy out from the library but I haven't got around to reading it an it feels like too much effort to get out of bed at the moment (thank god for macbooks!)

I wish I wasn't so lethargic and lazy!

1 comments:

magda w: said...

aw jill this was a lovely entry! let me know how the sewing goes, i have been meaning to get into for a while, but atm i have no skills; i basically still struggle to sew buttons!!